Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Home of a Homebody

This quote by Daniel Pinkwater is my homebody manifesto.


My home is an extension of who I am and what I believe & love.

We are currently living in a 3 bedroom 2 bath condominium.  
It isn't perfect, there's some things I'd like to add and change but I do love it.  
 The majority of my home decor comes from thrift stores & Ross or TJ Maxx. 
I bought most of my decor for my wedding (in 2012) with the intent to use it in my home.

Here's a peek into my office.
I originally used this layout in our first apartment but liked it so much
 I used it again for this apartment.  












When my dad saw the original creation from our first apartment, he asked, "where's the bed pan?"

Our living room, is quite small and a bit awkward in shape and placement of doors, 
but I think we finally found a layout we could live with.  


I found these shutters at Deseret Industries for $10!  My husband and I painted & distressed them.


My couches are my favorite! The fabric is fantastic and the style is chic AND comfortable!



Ivan made these "industrial" shelves for me.  We still need to stain them.




I found this beauty at Pier One Import.  It was marked 75% off because it's missing legs.  Anyone think the mirror piece is ruined with missing legs?  I didn't think so! 



And one from Christmas cause I loved my tree.



The kitchen is also small.  It's my least favorite space.




The 2nd bathroom is also the laundry room.




Next up, my FAVORITE room in the house-my bedroom!
 It's peaceful and bright and has gorgeous pattern combinations, textures, and furniture.
Hope you like it!



The side tables are from my sister Laura who was going to donate them to Deseret Industries. I originally wanted to paint and distress them but never got around to doing it. 
 I'm SO GLAD I didn't! 
They fit perfectly with my bedroom color scheme and design just as they are.





All but the script pillow are from TJ Maxx.  The script one is from Ross.  
Eventually, I would like to buy some white Euro sized pillows.  I think adding them will make my bed look more proportionate.


This old window pane was something I made up for my wedding reception.  
It is super HEAVY so it just sits next to my bed.




This next piece of furniture is from my sister Ana. 

 I ABSOLUTELY ADORE it.  

She lives in New Mexico and finds THE BEST pieces of furniture at the local thrift shops.  
I believe she and her husband painted and added the decals.  It was in their daughters bedroom.


If you look close, you can see some pencil artwork, courtesy of my nieces and their friends!
I plan to sand it down and repaint it but it does make it even MORE sentimental.  


The top drawers are filled with some of my jewelry. Pretty obvious which one is Ivan's drawer.



My closet...decent size but in need of a little TLC.
Some nice boxes to organize/ HIDE things for a start.



I carried a similar color palette into my bathroom.





In addition to being a homebody, I am a housewife.  So having a home I enjoy is really important to me.  I strive to make it a home where the Spirit of God can dwell, a place that my husband looks forward to coming home to, a place that friends and family are always welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment