Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I am a Housewife & I am Enough!



Today marks my ONE YEAR anniversary AS A HOUSEWIFE!

As I reflect on the past year, I'm reminded of the struggles I've had to maintain confidence in the importance and value of being a housewife.  At times, I felt engulfed in passion for my work as a housewife and then other times felt like a nobody as I struggled to answer the simple question, "WHAT DO YOU DO?" each time a stranger asked.

A simple question but I've yet to find my simple answer. (The thought to memorize Renee's quote HAS crossed my mind).  How do you sum up the work of a housewife?  Everyday is different.  I get to decide what I want to do every. single. day.  I do everything from the regular routine stuff:  cooking, cleaning, errands, caring for my honey, etc.  To accomplishing goals and dreams: planning, budgeting, learning new skills, reading everything self improvement, trying new things, etc. And yes, some days I do nothing but lounge and be lazy. (Truthfully, taxing on my emotional & mental well-being:not my favorite way to spend a day)

The good, the bad, the ugly, I LOVE being a housewife.

 I realize many may scoff and sneer at the notion that I might actually find fulfillment in something so simple but alas here it is:

I am a Housewife & I am Enough.


When I need to be reminded of my worth I remember this simple quote from a great talk: Look Up


2 comments: